We always strive to provide everything for our children to support their development. The last thing we want to do is neglect something that could potentially benefit them in the future. We are looking for ways to give our children more than just physical activity; one of these is kids balance boards. These boards will help kids develop their coordination by pushing off from surfaces with different heights and weights. This is the same benefit that gymnasts get from using balance boards.
Our children are always looking for ways to play and improve, so they can be more active and have more fun, which is why they need these kids balance boards. We must give them this opportunity to develop without going to expensive classes or hiring personal trainers. They will get all of the benefits from playing with a board in their room or backyard. We only need to encourage them so that they can use these boards with their friends.
In this article, we will talk about a few benefits balance boards can provide for kids. We will also learn about the different ways kids can use one in their free time. This way, we can better understand why these boards are beneficial for them and find a way to give them this opportunity more frequently.
What are Kids Balance Boards?
Kids’ balance boards are also known as toddler balance boards or wobble boards. They are Montessori toys that can be used for recreational or physical exercise. They are also designed for imaginative play and exploration by kids. It helps children develop their core motor skills, such as balance and coordination skills, and helps them improve their overall posture.
Kids’ balance boards are made of wood that has a curved shape. They are lightweight, which makes them easy for children to carry and use. Kids balance boards come in a variety of designs with bright colors and unique patterns. They also provide kids with an opportunity to play while they are sitting down or standing up.
The Benefits of Balance Board for Kids
Many parents have expressed their interest in using balance boards for their children. They believe these boards will benefit their children mainly because they provide a fun and creative way for kids to improve their skills. Children can use them at home, play with them in the backyard, or take them to the park with friends.
Below are some of the benefits balance boards provide to children:
- Improve Balance – Building up the knowledge and skills of balancing can help children have better control over their bodies. They can also improve their coordination and proprioception, which is the awareness of the position and movement of your body. This is why many physical therapists use kids balance boards to restore their patients’ ability to stand upright and walk normally.
- Strength – By using their muscles, kids will be able to build up the strength in their body muscles. By doing so, they can gain more control over their upper bodies and movements and be more flexible in all of their body movements and positions. They will also increase their endurance because they will have a better range of motion when doing so.
- Encourages Play – Kids balance board is an open-ended resource that can inspire all types of imaginative play, whether it’s a pretend game or a fun animal. They are also versatile and can be used to create different environments for children to play in. For instance, you can make it into pirate ships, castles, and the all-time favorite – playgrounds.
- Promotes Physical Activity – Balance boards can be used as an alternative to keeping fit and healthy. Adults can also use them to get more exercise in their daily tasks. They are lightweight and portable, which makes them easy to carry from one place to another. Balance board exercises include rolling, rocking, bending, and squatting for a full-body workout. The muscles that balance boards target include the calves, arms, back, core, and hamstrings.
How to Use Kids Balance Board
The vestibular system has a lot of connections with many parts of the body, including the bones, muscles, nerves, and brain. It’s responsible for triggering and maintaining balance. This is why it’s important for kids to have a balance board that is able to trigger this system.
Balance boards are a safe way to help children become used to receiving vestibular input. The only thing children need to do is to stand on it. As they do this, your kids will naturally shift their weight and respond in the right way as the stimuli change. Of course, Beginners should practice with a spotter nearby to give them support or help them regain their balance in case they fall. Kids may tilt or roll the board on their feet with little exertion in order to regain balance.
With practice, kids will become stronger with time and will be able to use the board for different activities such as running or jumping in place.
Different Ways to Use a Balance Board for Kids
As your child progress in using a balance board, they will be able to use it for different purposes. Here are some ideas on how kids balance boards can be used:
1. Kids Can Use Balance Board for Imaginative Play
Kids balance boards are great for story-telling and drama play. Kids can decorate their boards using paint or glue and add accessories such as props. They can also use them as part of their costume for imaginative play or as a toy to complete their imaginary worlds. Kids balance boards can be very helpful in developing children’s emotional skills, cultural knowledge, and even math skills when it comes to counting, patterns, and geometry.
2. Kids Can use Balance Boards for Physical Exercises
Kids balance boards are great for practicing physical exercises at home. Children can do simple exercises such as squatting, bending, or moving around the board. They can also watch videos online to learn how to move around with a balance board.
3. Kids Can Use Balance Boards as a Getaway
Balance boards are great for giving children a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life. They can sit on them while watching television or playing with other toys. This will help them relax and prepare for a new day at school or home.
4. Use As Part Of An Obstacle Course
Kids balance boards are also good for practicing for an obstacle course. Kids can practice how to get up and down a hill by using the board as a ramp and coming down quickly. They can also try performing their favorite obstacle course moves while on their board.
5. Kids Can Use Balance Boards As Part Of A Therapy Session
Balance board exercises are great for kids who have injuries, muscle pains, or other musculoskeletal problems that affect the movement of their bodies and limbs. They can also use them for treating kids with special needs, like autism. Physical therapists often use kids balance boards to treat patients who have difficulty walking and moving their muscles. Balance board exercises can help improve their ability to move around or regain the strength of their loins.
Are Kids Balance Boards Worth It?
If you are looking for a way to develop your child’s coordination, balance boards are a good choice. Balance boards can also provide children with great flexibility and exercise, which is important for their overall health.
There is also no age limit when it comes to using wooden balance boards, and they are even available at most local and online stores. They also come at affordable prices, and you can choose from many attractive designs. Indeed balance board is an excellent Montessori toy for kids. You may check out some of the best options for your child’s needs.
Kids balance board is a fun, safe, and easy tool to improve your child’s balance. They are also great for improving your child’s coordination as they start to use their muscles. Indeed, they are very helpful in developing your child’s balance and provide them with a fun way to exercise. With practice, kids will be able to use the board for different purposes, such as pretending it is an airplane or part of an obstacle course.
At Montessori Academy, we believe that exposing your child to Montessori toys like kids’ balance board will help them to improve their skills and abilities as they grow. It will help them have a positive attitude towards learning as they grow up. If you want to learn more about the benefits of Montessori education, contact the professionals at Montessori Academy today. We are your one-stop solution for comprehensive education!